Investing in real estate can be the single most important purchase you can make and Real Estate Manukau leads the way for buying/selling property in Manukau area.
If you are considering buying in the Manukau area, the first step is to look for an experienced real estate agent for advice and assistance with getting started.
The best way to look for an ideal real estate agent, specialising in Manukau property, is to ask friends and/or colleagues for ideas and suggestions. They may have had past experiences working with great real estate agents they’d be happy to recommend.
Before you get started, try making a wish list.
- What location suits you?
- What size home you’re looking for
- Any special needs such as views, landscapes, nearby schools etc.
It is essential that you have consulted with your bank or home loan provider prior to the buying process. Ensure you know your credit status and make sure it is accurate and up to date.
If you are pre-approved for a home loan you have the advantage of knowing how much you’ve have to spend and furthermore the seller will know that you are genuine and will consider you as a potential buyer.
Real Estate Manukau: LIM Reports
Before making a decision to buy ensure you order a LIM report (Land Information Memoranda).
These reports provide a comprehensive overview containing everything relevant piece of information to the property or section provided by the Council.
LIM information/details include:
- Important land features that include potential erosion (rust), avulsion, falling debris, slippage including possible hazardous substances that could cause injury or heal issues.
- Public /Private storm-water drains (including sewerage drains).
- Outstanding/Unpaid rate fees.
- Consents, certificates/notices, orders or requisitions that affect the land or buildings.
- District Plan classifications related to the land and/or building/s.
- Any information that relates to the property in question supplied by network-utility operators (in relation to the Building Act 2004).
- Any other relevant information or details about the property or building.
Before you make an official offer, it is important that you examine each and every element of the property.
For more information and personal assistance on buying a home, talk to the experts at real estate Manukau for free help